Massachusetts Law About Nurses
- MGL c.111, s.226 Mandatory Overtime for Nurses.
- MGL c.112, s.74 et seq. Registration of Certain Professions: Nursing
- MGL c. 112, s.80E. Nurse practitioners may issue written prescriptions and order tests.
- MGL c.176R. Consumer Choice of Nurse Practitioner Services. Recognizes nurse practitioners as primary care providers.
- 244 CMR Board of Registration in Nursing
- 244 CMR 4 Massachusetts Regulations Governing Advanced Practice Registered Nursing (APRN)
Massachusetts Nurses Association. "The MNA is the largest union and professional association of registered nurses and health professionals in the state." Provides news on nursing issues.
Supervising Nurse Practitioners with Prescriptive Authority, Harvard Risk Management Foundation. Provides guidance on the requirements of the supervising physician/nurse-practitioner relationship.
Massachusetts Nursing Law Update, NBI, 2002.
Nursing Malpractice, 4th ed., Lawyers and Judges Pub. Co., 2011.